The Power to Protect
Heartland Security is owned by 13 rural electric cooperatives in central, western, and southern Minnesota and northwestern Iowa. People's Energy Cooperative acquired ownership of Heartland Security in 2008 which enabled cooperative members to receive discounted rates on home and business security systems and monitoring services.
Heartland Security's mission is to enrich the lives of their customers by protecting their families, homes, and businesses with innovative technologies, skilled installation, caring service, and trusted monitoring. Each Heartland Security system is uniquely designed to meet your specific needs.
Heartland Security alarm systems are monitored by highly skilled, certified professionals. Their UL-listed center in Rockford, Minnesota, has been awarded Five Diamond Certification by the Central Station Alarm Association in recognition of their employee training in emergency dispatch response and customer service.
With state-of-the-art technology and redundant communication systems, Heartland's response center is always ready to respond to any alarm.
Property Monitoring and Video Surveillance
- Sirens and strobes to frighten away intruders and alert police
- Personal emergency alarm buttons
- High and low temperature monitoring for temperature-controlled areas
- Perimeter protection
- High-resolution live or recorded video that can be viewed remotely
- Motion-activated camera that records a 10-second image and sends it to the response center to verify the alarm
Access Tracking and Control
- Proximity cards granting full- or limited-access by person and schedule
- Card access that is easily canceled
- A record of who enters/exits and when
Commercial Fire System
- Fire and sprinkler monitoring
- Smoke detection
- Fire department notification
- Siren/strobe alarms
Smart Security Solutions
Any part of a Heartland system can be accessed via a smartphone, tablet or computer. Video surveillance lets users monitor activity at their home or business, even when they're not there. Users can also have video clips sent to them via text or email when a door opens, an alarm goes off, or motion occurs in their home or office when they're not there.