Outdoor LED Lighting
Did you know? LEDs require up to 80 percent less energy to operate than traditional light bulbs and they last longer. According to the U.S. Department of Energy:
- 95 percent of the energy in LEDs is converted into light and only five percent is wasted as heat. Incandescent bulbs release 90 percent of their energy as heat.
- LEDs have a useful life that ranges from 25 to 50 times longer than traditional bulbs.
We offer standard outdoor LED lighting options that are affordable, durable, and energy efficient. Lighting options include:
- Dark sky compliant fixtures designed for minimal glare and reduced light pollution.
- Long-lasting, LED lights that produce little heat, do not emit UV or infrared, and contain no mercury. LED lights are also durable, resistant to shock, vibration, and able to operate in cold environments.
- An advanced system that turns the light on at dusk and off at dawn.
- The choice of a 24 or 30-foot Valmont bronze-colored fiberglass pole using direct burial, eliminating the need for footings.
Once you select one of our standard light fixtures, the Cooperative will install and maintain the light which will be billed as a fl at monthly device fee. The fee includes the cost to install, operate, and maintain. If you notice the light is malfunctioning or out, please contact us and repairs will typically be made within three to five business days.
If you are considering custom lighting or pole applications, they must be purchased from a vendor rather than through the Cooperative. The Cooperative will provide metered connection points to power your lighting but will not install or maintain it. The energy usage (and potentially the demand) will be billed per our standard rate structure.
Lumen Output: The amount of light (brightness) the fixture provides.
Wattage: The power consumption of the light fixture over time.
Color Temperature: The color of the light measured in Kelvins (K).
- 4,600K - 6,500K - Temperature: Daylight (Large Outdoor Areas, Parks, Spotlights, Display Areas)
- 3,100K - 4,500K - Temperature: Cool White (Residential Streets, Parking Lots, Work Environments, Security)
- 2,000K - 3,000K - Temperature: Warm White (Living Rooms, Bedrooms, Ambient, Decorative)
LED Fixture Styles
Roadway: This roadway light allows you to reliably upgrade, offering enhanced light output with excellent uniformity.
Domus: This classic shape offers a design that balances shape, dimension, and proportion. Constructed from top quality materials, the fixture maintains excellent performance in even the most demanding environments. This fixture looks great on main street or in the town square.
Lantern: This contemporary design combines elegance and performance with sheer brilliance, offering a discerning quality that adds a timeless finishing touch to the most beautiful installations.
Pole Top: This die-cast aluminum fixture offers a sleek design and excellent light distribution. This high output pole top area light with IES type V circular distribution has a wide and uniform 360-degree pattern ideal for large outdoor areas, such as neighborhoods, parks, etc.
Area Light: This fixture made for street and area lighting is a robust, utility-grade luminaire designed to last years. Perfect for residential street lighting, parking lots, or rural security applications.